About Me

I am infatuated with old structures and storefronts. I spend considerable time seeking them out, building them in miniature and photographing them. In my free time I study other artist's work and plan future buildings. I'm beginning to worry that there is something excessive about this. Many have joked that I have an edifice complex or maybe edificimania or even the dreaded edificiphilia. But I build other things like barges, snowplows and pile drivers too. Could it be a simple obsession? Hey, I can live with that. I'll state emphatically right here that," I'll make no concessions to my obsessions!" Anyway I love what I do. I guess in the long run, we wind up paying for our pleasures. What's a guy to do? As for me it's back to the workbench. I must put some more time in. I'll have to worry about this issue later - this roof needs to be done by tonight. When I am not at my workbench, I'm a clinical psychologist currently practicing in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

Who is an Artist?

A person who works with his hands is a laborer.

A person who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.

A person who works with his hands, his brain and his heart is an artist.

- Louis Nizer


Sunday, September 16, 2012

P. Henderson & Co. Millwork










18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful modeling. Photos are top - notch too.

Doug said...

Excellent work and entertaining site.

Scott said...

Neil,
Your work is very, very realistic. Furthermore, the detail of your work is tremendous. Lastly, your photos are a very nice representation of your work.

-Scott

Jake L. - Philly, PA said...

I just saw your sample pics on the RR Blogs. Glad I came to your site to see the rest of the shots. Your work is beautifully done and photographed.


Anonymous said...

Glad I found your site....fantastic work! You are not an artisan...you are an artist. Great attention to detail. You have truly mastered the art of 'weathering'...very realistic! Photography well done. Thanks!

Carl said...

A lot of sweat equity in this one. Wonderful job.

The stone wall is a winner. If you quit your job shrinking people's heads and spent the time building you would be dangerous. (LOL)

Gordy - Winnipeg said...

Saw a few of your new pics on the internet so I had to come and see your site too. The weathering and colors are exceptional. Sort of like 'fantasy' pics that capture a place and time. Good eye for details. A marvelous construction.

Cal - Hollywood, USA said...



If you get tired of any of your structures you can send them to me. I'll put them to good use. Superb work.

Artie L said...

Beautiful build.

Dr. L / Chicago said...



We've been colleagues for several years and you never told me about your creative side. I should've figured out something was amiss. Whenever I'd ask you what you did over the weekend, you'd say, "Oh, I was busy." Now I know why. I enjoyed your constructions and will be back for more. Amazing work.

Tory said...

Awesome.

Stephan said...

Certainly has that George Sellios look to it. Suberb interpretation of his work.

Theodore said...

I love this one too.

Fredrico New Mexico said...

I wish I could build something half as good as this. YOU ROCK.

Joseph said...

Always look forward to seeing your new work on the blogs. This is no exception. In fact I think this is your best construction. Keep em coming.

Benson said...

Stunning work. This is your best diorama. It really stands out.

Ben L. said...

Magnificent weathering - you got this down to a science. Love your work.

Pete - Australia said...

This one is wonderful - really draws you in with all the details and coloring.