About Me

I am infatuated with old structures and storefronts. I spend considerable time seeking them out, building them in miniature and photographing them. In my free time I study other artist's work and plan future buildings. I'm beginning to worry that there is something excessive about this. Many have joked that I have an edifice complex or maybe edificimania or even the dreaded edificiphilia. But I build other things like barges, snowplows and pile drivers too. Could it be a simple obsession? Hey, I can live with that. I'll state emphatically right here that," I'll make no concessions to my obsessions!" Anyway I love what I do. I guess in the long run, we wind up paying for our pleasures. What's a guy to do? As for me it's back to the workbench. I must put some more time in. I'll have to worry about this issue later - this roof needs to be done by tonight. When I am not at my workbench, I'm a clinical psychologist currently practicing in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

Who is an Artist?

A person who works with his hands is a laborer.

A person who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.

A person who works with his hands, his brain and his heart is an artist.

- Louis Nizer


Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Tube Bar (New Jersey)

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need a 'joint' like this in my neighborhood. Great build.

Burton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barry D. said...

Very interesting use of bright colors. It works well in this type of building.

Jon said...

Love "The Tube" but that goes for all your work too.
Always look forward to your next project.

Anonymous said...

'The Tube' - my favorite by far. Thanks for the interesting blog.

Alan Wolfson said...

....I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your Tube Bar and feel honored that you have found that inspiration in my work. Good work on your rendition of the Tube - nice to see it with a more "small town" feel to it.

Best Wishes.
alan